Sunday, July 1, 2012

Oh Canada!!



I am not celebrating this Canada Day.  I will be taking my fiance to see the fireworks, but not because of any misplaced sense of nationalism or patriotism, but because it is the one year anniversery of us hooking up, and we did it last year, it's free, and I like explosions.

This Canada Day, I find myself making a video, of the issues our gov't has been complicit in helping to perpetuate.  It's too short to take in all of the specific issues, so keep an eye here, as there is way more to come.

It's disgusting to me that we still have to fight oppression, from those who say they are only trying to help us, by taking away our freedoms and liberties, by criminalizing dissent, and by harassing those who are only trying to make a difference.  It really shouldn't surprise anyone though, as this is just history repeating itself.  The same type of things were happening in the sixties.  50 years this has been going on, and when will it stop?  Hopefully when those in power realize that the responsibilities that they have been given, have been abused, and stop it, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. :P

I am releasing a short video, that I hope you will watch.  Hopefully it will open the eyes of some.  Maybe not.  All I can do is try.  Please share widely, and shed a little light for those still in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment